POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : LOL^2 Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  LOL^2 (Message 25 to 34 of 34)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: LOL^2
Date: 8 Jan 2008 14:23:56
Message: <4783cdcc$1@news.povray.org>

> [Ooo... the thought of 50 machines all trying to hit the same server onc
> per second over a 2 MB Internet link... that's not even funny.]

What? You *aren't* using a proxy so that the updates are only downloaded
once from the AV site and then transferred only via LAN??

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 8 Jan 2008 14:26:29
Message: <4783ce65$1@news.povray.org>

> Maybe you'll be unlucky. Most likely you won't. Either way, shaving 4
> hours off the window of opportunity seems a little moot when the window
> is theoretically hundreds of hours wide to start with, that's all.

Do you think the same about deadlines? "We won't make it in time anyway,
so why even try?" Or the opposite: "We have plenty of time, so even
though we have an (easy) way to take 4 hours less, why bother?":

Post a reply to this message