POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : LOL^2 : Re: LOL^2 Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LOL^2
From: Warp
Date: 8 Jan 2008 15:44:06
Message: <4783e096@news.povray.org>
> Given the flexibility of UNIX in general and Linux in particular, tho,
> I'm sure any problems could be worked around without much difficulty,

  *Everything* in Unix is a file. Unix *is* a file manager OS. Anything
you can imagine you could do with files and directories, is possible
in unix, if by nothing else, by a little programming.

  I hear it's not even that hard to create your own file system driver
in unix (or at least linux). A friend of mine has written one which can
be used to create and mount compressed read-only file systems (with awesome
compression ratios).

--
                                                          - Warp