POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:47:32 EDT (-0400)
  Most incomprehensible films ever (Message 71 to 80 of 278)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
Date: 4 Jan 2008 16:10:44
Message: <477ea0d4$1@news.povray.org>
While I was stationed in Iceland, I did a business trip to the town of
Thorshofn, and there I stayed at a very nice bed and breakfast.  One
night there was film on TV called "The Night is Dark on the Shores of
the Baltic" or something like that.  The movie was originally in
Russian, and it had Icelandic subtitles.  Having only the very slightest
grasp of either language, the movie was a total mystery to me.

The next day I was chatting with some Icelanders at a radar site that
was the purpose of my visit, and I mentioned it to them.  They replied
that the subtitles didn't help; the movie was still inscrutable.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message