POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : photos Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  photos (Message 11 to 20 of 21)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: photos
Date: 4 Jan 2008 10:18:25
Message: <477e4e41$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> In a Windows environment,
> say I have a bunch of photographs stored on directories...
> suppose I want to store the photos and give them attributes such that
> I could retreive subsets of them using different filters on those
> attributes in a flexible, 'relational' way...

product. This enables you to store each image in a row of a big table,
and you can then cross-reference any kind of metadata you desire in the

product that will enable you to build a HTML interface to query all this
data in a flexible way.

...I mean, if you're looking for the most OTT solution available, this
has got to be fairly close. ;-)

On a slightly *less* insane note, you could probably build some kind of
PHP thing where you submit photos, it gives each one a unique name, puts
it in a folder somewhere, and stores some metadata about it in a MySQL
database and gives you a web interface to query it. In fact, heck,
somebody has probably already made such a thing somewhere...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/