POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : photos : Re: photos Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photos
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jan 2008 14:28:50
Message: <477e88f2$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>>
>>> I'm about to write a database-based application for the family
>>> holiday pics. Maybe even something web-based on the LAN so that my
>>> sister can add the tags when she's bored.
>>

>> I did one (a while ago) that stored the information in parallel
>> ".info" files, and from which you could generate a whole web site to
>> put on a CD. You're welcome to it, if you want. :-)
>
> Not sure what you are saying but it sounds closer to my purpose.
> Parallel .info files?

vacation/mexico/MomAndDad.jpg will have it's tagging information stored
in vacation/mexico/MomAndData.info

It's a bit clunky, but not too bad, and has the advantage that you can
go and reuse the information elsewhere, since it's a trivial format.

Plus, it has features like "keep this image, but don't include it in the
index pages" and so on.  Sorts by date and by name (IIRC), and things
like that.

Also used by a server I built that basically did what Flickr does, only
on a small scale. Lets you upload images, comment on them, etc.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it