POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : photos : Re: photos Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photos
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 5 Jan 2008 06:47:26
Message: <477f6e4e$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>
>> On a slightly *less* insane note, you could probably build some kind
>> of PHP thing where you submit photos, it gives each one a unique name,
>> puts it in a folder somewhere, and stores some metadata about it in a
>> MySQL database and gives you a web interface to query it.

Yes. You also could push the images to the MySQL db, but is there any point?

> Suppose I don't mind populating the MySQL database with the metadata
> independent of the 'importing' or 'submitting' or 'photo acquiring'
> process whatever it might be.  What pieces would be needed to query the
> database and return path names as hyperlinks.  This would require PHP?

Or, like Andrew said, any other server-side scripting language. Plus's
for PHP are that it's easy and that it has native support for talking
with MySQL. Minus for PHP is that it's also easy to create serious,
potential security holes.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net