POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physical puzzle Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  Physical puzzle (Message 27 to 36 of 66)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Physical puzzle
Date: 3 Jan 2008 12:57:10
Message: <477d21f6@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> > Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> >> There have been some evolutionary experiments that have been done.
> >
> >   So, how many fish have they converted into cats like this?
> >
> >   (I hope you get the point.)

> It takes a long time to convert a fish into a cat. So?

> How many complete orbits of pluto have been observed? How do you know it
> is really orbiting the sun?

  Yes, both things are comparable in complexity.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 3 Jan 2008 12:59:28
Message: <477d2280@news.povray.org>
> I'd be happy to hear about other things that the hypotheses of
> "inflation" or "dark energy" have predicted that were observed only
> after those hypotheses were proposed. It would greatly reduce my
> skepticism. :-)

  You are welcome to propose a better theory. (How come this sounds
familiar?)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 3 Jan 2008 13:00:40
Message: <477d22c8@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Real word trains can't go fast enough.

  Yes, and machines will never fly.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 3 Jan 2008 21:00:51
Message: <477d9353$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> I'd be happy to hear about other things that the hypotheses of
>> "inflation" or "dark energy" have predicted that were observed only
>> after those hypotheses were proposed. It would greatly reduce my
>> skepticism. :-)
>
>   You are welcome to propose a better theory. (How come this sounds
> familiar?)

I have no better theory. However, I have no evidence at all that the
current theory is "right". I'm sure someone probably has some evidence,
but that's why I asked for the evidence, you see.  Maybe there's a whole
bunch of evidence pointing to dark energy as a real thing out there, and
I just haven't heard about it. Given how wide-spread the "dark matter"
evidence was all over, I kind of doubt it.

The difference, again, is that when evidence is presented that a theory
is correct, I can actually change my mind. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it

Post a reply to this message