POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physical puzzle : Re: Physical puzzle Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physical puzzle
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Jan 2008 21:00:51
Message: <477d9353$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> I'd be happy to hear about other things that the hypotheses of
>> "inflation" or "dark energy" have predicted that were observed only
>> after those hypotheses were proposed. It would greatly reduce my
>> skepticism. :-)
>
>   You are welcome to propose a better theory. (How come this sounds
> familiar?)

I have no better theory. However, I have no evidence at all that the
current theory is "right". I'm sure someone probably has some evidence,
but that's why I asked for the evidence, you see.  Maybe there's a whole
bunch of evidence pointing to dark energy as a real thing out there, and
I just haven't heard about it. Given how wide-spread the "dark matter"
evidence was all over, I kind of doubt it.

The difference, again, is that when evidence is presented that a theory
is correct, I can actually change my mind. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it