POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physical puzzle : Re: Physical puzzle Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physical puzzle
From: Alain
Date: 4 Jan 2008 12:11:37
Message: <477e68c9$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/03 21:10:
> Warp wrote:
>> Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

>>> It takes a long time to convert a fish into a cat. So?
>>
>>> How many complete orbits of pluto have been observed? How do you know
>>> it is really orbiting the sun?
>>
>>   Yes, both things are comparable in complexity.
>
> No, of course not. But you haven't expressed why you think creating a
> new species over the course of a few weeks or a few years couldn't
> easily lead to creating a cat out of a fish over the course of a few
> million. All the mechanisms to make it happen are understood, and
> technology makes use of the same mechanisms both in living and
> non-living environments.
>
> What would be the boundary for you? Do you believe that drug-resistant
> TB is evolved from earlier TB? Do you believe that seedless grapes
> evolved from grapes with seeds? Do you believe that dogs evolved from
> wolves (or whatever the appropriate order is)?  Just curious.
>
> I just don't understand how you can be presented with boatloads of
> evidence for a theory, have no conflicting evidence, have no alternate
> theory to propose that explains any of the evidence, and still say "I
> don't think it could be right." It just sounds a bit crazy to me.
>
> But that's OK.

They actualy made dogs out of foxes. Over just a few generation, taking only the
more dociles and crossbreading them. The foxes went from redish fur to brown and
black fur, stoped yaping to start barking.
The goal was to ease the farm raising of foxes for the furs.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when your personal correspondence to