POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Did you know... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:09:45 EDT (-0400)
  Did you know... (Message 61 to 70 of 90)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Did you know...
Date: 3 Jan 2008 02:23:30
Message: <477c8d71@news.povray.org>
> Now, if space expanded and gravity pulled everything back together, that
> makes sense. But that still doesn't answer the question of whether (for
> example) a brick floating in intergalactic space would be 10% bigger if
> given enough time.

  I don't think the brick would expand because forces which are much
stronger than gravity are keeping it together.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 3 Jan 2008 03:33:08
Message: <477c9dc3@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   This is also the reason why galaxies can recede from us faster than c.

  Btw, there's an interesting paper on the subject here:

http://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/0310808

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message