POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? (Message 41 to 50 of 110)
From: Charles C
Subject: Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
Date: 17 Dec 2007 02:26:15
Message: <47662497@news.povray.org>
2c on The Matrix:
I felt let-down for a different reason:  With the strong
the-world-isn't-really-real theme, I was very disappointed that the
waking-up-to-the-real-world part of The Matrix had humans as
familiar-old-flesh-and-blood-humans and not figments of software (or
something else) at their core being.  OTOH, I suppose it's not exactly
fair to say this since that's like asking for a whole different plot to
go with a theme or two.

Spotting goofs in movies:
I could be wrong but I _think_ I saw one spot in the new Beowolf movie
where the (older) king was not animated when somewhat obscured by other
characters.

2c on Digital TV:
14 months to go in the USA before analog over-the-air goes away. :(
Given that, I'll be looking for digital tuners, but they aren't
available yet per http://www.ntia.doc.gov/dtvcoupon/index.html at least
if you want the gov. discount.  Where I live I'm not too worried about
the difference between the analog slope (reception) and the digital
cliff.  But I'm not too impressed by the artifacts which I witnessed for
myself in a store.  The thing is I'm not sure what kind of source I was
watching or what cheap converter it might've gone through etc, so it's
hard to judge.

Charles

Post a reply to this message