POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Phil Cook
Date: 17 Dec 2007 11:21:19
Message: <op.t3hmd2eyc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:26:08 -0000, Charles C <"nospam a
nospam.com"> did spake, saying:

> 2c on The Matrix:
> I felt let-down for a different reason:  With the strong
> the-world-isn't-really-real theme, I was very disappointed that the
> waking-up-to-the-real-world part of The Matrix had humans as
> familiar-old-flesh-and-blood-humans and not figments of software (or
> something else) at their core being.  OTOH, I suppose it's not exactly
> fair to say this since that's like asking for a whole different plot to
> go with a theme or two.
>
> Spotting goofs in movies:
> I could be wrong but I _think_ I saw one spot in the new Beowolf movie
> where the (older) king was not animated when somewhat obscured by other
> characters.
>
> 2c on Digital TV:
> 14 months to go in the USA before analog over-the-air goes away. :(
> Given that, I'll be looking for digital tuners, but they aren't
> available yet per http://www.ntia.doc.gov/dtvcoupon/index.html at least
> if you want the gov. discount.  Where I live I'm not too worried about
> the difference between the analog slope (reception) and the digital
> cliff.  But I'm not too impressed by the artifacts which I witnessed for
> myself in a store.  The thing is I'm not sure what kind of source I was
> watching or what cheap converter it might've gone through etc, so it's
> hard to judge.

Woah woah you get a $40 coupon! While here in the UK we pay a licence fee
to the BBC, who in turn are part of the Freeview (digital) broadcast group
and we also have to buy an set-top box (or new TV) before they turn off
the signal and we get squat? Something ain't right here.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com