POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Your favorite Age of Myst? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Your favorite Age of Myst? (Message 41 to 49 of 49)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Your favorite Age of Myst?
Date: 15 Dec 2007 01:52:37
Message: <476379b5$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> insides, where you arrive, only to find yourself standing on the top of
> a platform that is like 400 feet or more in diameter, and slowly
> rotating around the center of the ages, like a giant top, and
> occasionally lining up with another structure, which you jump to, that

Actually, this was a bit annoying in its own way. For the sake of the
physics engine, they made it so it's not the buildings rotating, but
everything else. Whatever building you're on stands still, and the rest
of the world resolves around you. (At least, that's what they said in
the video, and that's how it behaves.)

The only problem is when you jump, and halfway thru the jump, they
switch your frame of reference. Makes it really hard to line up. You
have to almost wait until you're past your landing point to jump,
because you don't have any momentum from the rotation, because it isn't
really rotating.

But yes, replaying that Age, it's definitely the prettiest of Uru.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it

Post a reply to this message