POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Your favorite Age of Myst? : Re: Your favorite Age of Myst? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Your favorite Age of Myst?
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Dec 2007 22:39:50
Message: <4779b606$1@news.povray.org>
Kyle wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:38:37 -0800, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
>
>> I take that back. Upgrading my video driver made (some time ago) Uru
>> unable to display shadows properly. Altho you can "turn off shadows" in
>> the graphics control panel, it means you can't solve the puzzles where
>> you have to arrange things to cast the right shadows.  Which kinda
>> sucks, because it means you can't finish the game. Foo.
>
> So, did you figure out how to get it to work?

I found someone's screen shots. Never fixed the actual display, tho, but
since the floor is all sliced up, it wasn't hard to figure out where to
walk to follow the light/shadow properly.

If you've played Uru, you'll get a giggle out of the formatting of these
walkthrus:

http://chabarts.celeonet.fr/Uru/

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)