POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Your favorite Age of Myst? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Your favorite Age of Myst? (Message 21 to 30 of 49)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Your favorite Age of Myst?
Date: 12 Dec 2007 15:00:21
Message: <47603dd5$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> I played the first two, don't think I played Exile.  The Mechanical age
> was fun for me, though I also liked Channelwood a lot.
>
> I also have to admit I liked the bit in Riven with the roller-coaster
> like bit.

You'd love exile.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Dec 2007 16:48:04
Message: <47605714$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:00:21 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I played the first two, don't think I played Exile.  The Mechanical age
>> was fun for me, though I also liked Channelwood a lot.
>>
>> I also have to admit I liked the bit in Riven with the roller-coaster
>> like bit.
>
> You'd love exile.

I'll have to find myself a copy, after I see if it runs under WINE. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 12 Dec 2007 16:55:17
Message: <476058c5$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> I'll have to find myself a copy, after I see if it runs under WINE. :-)

I'd send you a copy of mine for evaluation purposes, but it's copy
protected. If you want to try it out and you want to (say) download a CD
crack, I can send you (say) the first two of four disks, and you can see
if it runs under your system. Then you can track down a legal copy if it
works for you. (I don't think there's a demo out.)

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:55:17 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I'll have to find myself a copy, after I see if it runs under WINE. :-)
>
> I'd send you a copy of mine for evaluation purposes, but it's copy
> protected. If you want to try it out and you want to (say) download a CD
> crack, I can send you (say) the first two of four disks, and you can see
> if it runs under your system. Then you can track down a legal copy if it
> works for you. (I don't think there's a demo out.)

I'll take that offer under consideration - there might be some info on
Cedega about it, and worst case, my kid's got a Windows PC and I could
buy it for him and then fiddle with it. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:55:17 -0800, Darren New wrote:
>
>> Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> I'll have to find myself a copy, after I see if it runs under WINE. :-)
>>
>> I'd send you a copy of mine for evaluation purposes, but it's copy
>> protected. If you want to try it out and you want to (say) download a CD
>> crack, I can send you (say) the first two of four disks, and you can see
>> if it runs under your system. Then you can track down a legal copy if it
>> works for you. (I don't think there's a demo out.)
>
> I'll take that offer under consideration - there might be some info on
> Cedega about it, and worst case, my kid's got a Windows PC and I could
> buy it for him and then fiddle with it. :-)
>
> Jim

Now that I think of it, maybe my Riven discs are OK still. Because for what
it's worth, I tried Riven briefly in Wine a few months back (maybe a year
ago) without success. I didn't really try hard though. I'm willing to give
it a shot again.

also, http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=1820
looks like Exile works well as of Spring of this year. Riven looks promising
too, I never tried anything listed on it's help page.

Post a reply to this message

> Now that I think of it, maybe my Riven discs are OK still.

I have Riven on a DVD; I can imagine the CD swapping gets annoying :)

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:14:54 -0500, Ross wrote:

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message

>>> I'd send you a copy of mine for evaluation purposes, but it's copy
>>> protected. If you want to try it out and you want to (say) download a
>>> CD crack, I can send you (say) the first two of four disks, and you
>>> can see if it runs under your system. Then you can track down a legal
>>> copy if it works for you. (I don't think there's a demo out.)
>>
>> I'll take that offer under consideration - there might be some info on
>> Cedega about it, and worst case, my kid's got a Windows PC and I could
>> buy it for him and then fiddle with it. :-)
>>
>> Jim
>
> Now that I think of it, maybe my Riven discs are OK still. Because for
> what it's worth, I tried Riven briefly in Wine a few months back (maybe
> a year ago) without success. I didn't really try hard though. I'm
> willing to give it a shot again.
>
> also, http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=1820
> looks like Exile works well as of Spring of this year. Riven looks
> promising too, I never tried anything listed on it's help page.

Cool, that's good to know, thanks.

Jim

Post a reply to this message