POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Your favorite Age of Myst? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:43 EDT (-0400)
  Your favorite Age of Myst? (Message 11 to 20 of 49)
From: Ross
Subject: Re: Your favorite Age of Myst?
Date: 10 Dec 2007 18:44:39
Message: <475dcf67$1@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote in message

>> Does anyone have a site that has high quality screenshots of Riven? It
>> would make for some good desktop background I think. Off to search for
>> some :)
>
> I wish the makers would release a new version with HD-size images, instead
> of 640x480 and palleted colors.
>
> Or better: release the 3d files :>
> (I wonder what software they used)

I think I remember them having used LightWave.

Post a reply to this message

From: Slime
Date: 10 Dec 2007 22:32:50
Message: <475e04e2$1@news.povray.org>
>   Riven and Exile.
>
>   I actually got pretty far in Riven, but then I hit a wall as I
described.
> Exile seemed so difficult right from the beginning that it wasn't very
> addictive. Perhaps I should try it again.

I would recommend trying out Myst. I remember Riven having some extremely
difficult puzzles in the middle, probably around where you got stuck. Myst
wasn't a cakewalk either, but it didn't require figuring out a new number
system or anything like that.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message