POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Your favorite Age of Myst? : Re: Your favorite Age of Myst? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Your favorite Age of Myst?
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Dec 2007 23:12:21
Message: <475e0e25$1@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
> I would recommend trying out Myst. I remember Riven having some extremely
> difficult puzzles in the middle, probably around where you got stuck.

That is true. There are a few things in Riven where you're expected to
work out arbitrary relationships, rather than figuring out things based
on reality. (And a couple places where it's like "I know four of the
five things I need to know, gotta guess the fifth.") Revelation had even
*more* of those, which is why I ddin't like it as much.

In Exile, what you need to do is pretty straightforward, I think, even
if how you accomplish it wasn't. Altho I admit there were a couple of
places where the first time I just futzed with a puzzle until it went
"ding!" and only after realized what I was *supposed* to be doing.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it