POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Auto-skipping in WinXP? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Auto-skipping in WinXP? (Message 8 to 17 of 37)
<<< Previous 7 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Auto-skipping in WinXP?
Date: 2 Dec 2007 14:22:45
Message: <47530605$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 23:17:45 -0500, Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> I've got a few thousand files I'm copying from a data CD to a WinXP box.
> Duplicate copies of 90% of them already exist on the WinXP box.
>
> When I had the same scenario on my linux boxes, Konqueror quite
> intelligently gave me an "Autoskip" option.
>
> I really don't want to blithely copy everything again--to rewrite
> existing files, in case there's a chance the CD version isn't as good,
> and other reasons.
>
> How can I autoskip in Windoze?

Maybe use rsync instead?  There are versions of rsync for Windows...

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Dec 2007 14:30:40
Message: <475307e0$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 12:03:01 -0500, Warp wrote:

>   In Linux obscure key combinations are usually at least *documented*
> somewhere.

I wouldn't even say "usually", but "always" - in the end, you can always
derive that knowledge from the source (who says source code isn't
documentation? ;-) )

If we had access to the Windows source, we could then call that
functionality "documented" as well.

Jim

Post a reply to this message