POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Auto-skipping in WinXP? : Re: Auto-skipping in WinXP? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Auto-skipping in WinXP?
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Dec 2007 15:07:47
Message: <47531093$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I thought Windows was supposed to be user-friendly?

More so than Linux IME.  Example: Add a URL-based installation source
via YaST.  How long does it take you to figure out the copy/paste added
a space on the end of the URL, and YaST is too stupid to strip trailing
spaces from the URL?

How long does it take, for that matter, to figure out how to copy and/or
paste for each particular program. :-)

>   In Linux obscure key combinations are usually at least *documented*
> somewhere.

It might be documented somewhere. I just saw the documentation in
Google, same place I get Linux documentation. ;-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it