POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : bluray and pixar Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:43:53 EDT (-0400)
  bluray and pixar (Message 51 to 60 of 66)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: bluray and pixar
Date: 26 Nov 2007 06:17:13
Message: <474aab39@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> Invisible wrote:

> for long swathes of time.

Interesting. Clearly I'm shopping in the wrong places! ;-)

BTW, I just realised: I haven't bought any CDs at all this year. Such is
the state of modern music that I haven't heard *anything* I want to
spend money on! :-.

Oh, wait, that's not true... I bought a boxed set of The Beach Boys.
(Was this this year or last? I think it was this year...)

> I can't believe people don't have the patience to save themselves a
> tenner...

My grandparents (yeah, them!) were bemoning the story they saw in the
news the other day. Apparently people were queueing outside a shop from
2 AM in the morning to get their hands on this brand new mobile phone

mentioned that the phone will probably be "obsolete" in a few months' time.

My grandparents were utterly astonished that anybody would sleep in the
street half the night and hand over hundreds of pounds for something
they're going to throw away in a few months' time. Clearly *somebody*
out there gets paid much more than I do. :-P

Post a reply to this message