POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : bluray and pixar : Re: bluray and pixar Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bluray and pixar
From: Phil Cook
Date: 26 Nov 2007 09:24:08
Message: <op.t2ekygdic3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:16:07 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Tim Attwood wrote:
>>> BTW, there's an old legend that in America all CDs cost (the

>>> or is it just another wild exaggeration?
>>  ($10) I guess that's sort of true, you can find some stuff for that,
>> the worse your taste is, the cheaper.  Though double that
>> is perty common for newer stuff. ($20)
>

> Pink Floyd - then you can *double* the price. Which is odd, considering

> and more still for big boxes of multiple disks - but nothing really
> surprising about that.
>

> something. ;-)
>
> It's just that there's this often-repeated believe that everything is so
> much cheaper in America, and the streets are paved with cheese. Myself I
> rather doubt it. But I've never been there, so...

It is to us if you simply apply that 2:1 ratio and forget everything else
such as wages, office costs, taxes... The real question is do Americans
find their products cheap or over-priced compared to other goods in their
own country.

On a similar note I know someone's who's just bought two Wii's from

that's not bad.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com