POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : bluray and pixar Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  bluray and pixar (Message 37 to 46 of 66)
From: Orchid XP v7
Subject: Re: bluray and pixar
Date: 22 Nov 2007 14:14:05
Message: <4745d4fd@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
>> But Oh My God, the picture quality was amazing.
>
>   Yeah, assuming the bluray player/drive doesn't decide that your 1-year-old
> TV/monitor (or if you are using a computer, almost anything in it, more
> prominently your 1-year-old top-of-the-line graphics card) is an illegal
> ripping machine and thus decides to give you a low-resolution blurred
> version of the image.

...this part worries me...

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 23 Nov 2007 02:41:05
Message: <47468411@news.povray.org>
> I see interlacing artifacts >_< Progressive video ftw.

Yeh, I found it pretty hard to find any 1080p screen-caps on the net, I
guess that's because most broadcasters use 1080i max at the moment.

There are some 720p and 1080p clips here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/musicandvideo/hdvideo/contentshowcase.aspx

They look pretty impressive even on a 1280x1024 monitor.

Post a reply to this message