POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : bluray and pixar : Re: bluray and pixar Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bluray and pixar
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 24 Nov 2007 03:06:43
Message: <4747db93@news.povray.org>
news:47469bee@news.povray.org...
> Gail Shaw wrote:
>
> > I priced LCD HD TVs last weekend, and I
> > could get a good one for R7000. (that's somewhere around 450 pounds, if
you
> > convert)
>
> Doesn't mean it's possible to buy it in this country for that price.

SA is notoriously expensive for any form of electonics. I bought my laptop
in the US for $1800 (around R14000 at the time)
To buy it here I'd pay R24000 at least.

While I didn't go electronics shopping in the UK last time I visited, I did
notice that electronics are cheaper there than in SA, though not by as much
as the US is.