POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good widescreen LCD Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Good widescreen LCD (Message 21 to 30 of 30)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Good widescreen LCD
Date: 19 Nov 2007 10:50:00
Message: <web.4741b0071d741644726bd13c0@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote:
> My 19" LCD packed up the other night, and I thought I'd replace it with a
> widescreen (20" or 21") LCD
>
> I've heard good things about the BenQ 20" and about the LG monitors.
>
> Anyone with personal experience with widescreen LCDs? It's going to be used
> for graphics, movie watching (a little) and gaming.
>
> I checked Tom's hardware, but all the LCD reviews I could see were last year

is quite good (acceptable to me) and it was quite cheap. But I found out later

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Phil Cook
Date: 19 Nov 2007 11:08:28
Message: <op.t11q4hlsc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:28:26 -0000, scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> did
spake, saying:

>> Look up saccadic masking, our eyes blank out info when they're moving so
>> you could have two screens with no intermission if they just in
>> different
>> places relative to a neutral background.
>
> You mean like the attached images?  Which pair of squares are the same
> colour and which pair are different?  (I used colours from Warp's
> vertical
> bar image)

I was thinking more top-left, top-left plus bottom-right, bottom-right,
reverse; so your eye would move from one to the other but not be able to
have both colours up at the same time for any comparison. No transition
flicker, no edge detection, just were those two colours the same.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message