POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good widescreen LCD : Re: Good widescreen LCD Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good widescreen LCD
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 20 Nov 2007 07:15:23
Message: <4742cfdb$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> The problem is that if your screen is perfectly color-corrected,
> everything looks weird, because the people who design websites, etc.
> work with non-color-corrected screens!

I still keep Gamma at 2.2, since Windows apps are usually designed to
that, and most websites created on the PC are designed to that. The D65
whitepoint takes some getting used to, for a while everything looks too
yellow, but colors look richer.

In an ideal world, people would use an image editor that has color
management (Photoshop) and web browsers would have proper color
management, which would eliminate the gamma and color issues. But using
a proper color-managed workflow is tricky, especially when working with
multiple outputs.