POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good widescreen LCD : Re: Good widescreen LCD Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good widescreen LCD
From: Phil Cook
Date: 19 Nov 2007 11:08:28
Message: <op.t11q4hlsc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:28:26 -0000, scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> did
spake, saying:

>> Look up saccadic masking, our eyes blank out info when they're moving so
>> you could have two screens with no intermission if they just in
>> different
>> places relative to a neutral background.
>
> You mean like the attached images?  Which pair of squares are the same
> colour and which pair are different?  (I used colours from Warp's
> vertical
> bar image)

I was thinking more top-left, top-left plus bottom-right, bottom-right,
reverse; so your eye would move from one to the other but not be able to
have both colours up at the same time for any comparison. No transition
flicker, no edge detection, just were those two colours the same.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com