POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : missing disk space on server, need help Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  missing disk space on server, need help (Message 9 to 18 of 58)
<<< Previous 8 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Phil Cook
Subject: Re: missing disk space on server, need help
Date: 9 Nov 2007 12:01:49
Message: <op.t1janufec3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:10:20 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> Asking the obvious I'm assuming that the swap file isn't on the same
>> partition?
>
> Even if it is, that would show up as a "file" and would be counted with
> all the other files in the "40 GB" number. (Although presumably not the
> backup size.)

Depends how you're counting. If it's sitting on its hidden lonesome in
root and you just total the folders. Wouldn't show up on a file size
search either unless you specifically include hidden system files.

> Also, the swap file doesn't just change size of its own accord.

Well no it changes when it needs to.

> Certainly not by 60 GB. ;-)

Why not unless you've set a maximum limit.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message