POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Word processors (Message 51 to 60 of 102)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: Word processors
Date: 5 Nov 2007 17:48:43
Message: <472f9dcb@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> If you write stuff in LaTeX, you can ask for a section heading or a
> subsection heading, and LaTeX will automatically take care of all
> formatting for you. Indeed, it will even build a table of contents if
> you want.
>
> If you write stuff in HTML, you can also ask for various levels of
> headings. And using CSS, you can tune exactly what the result looks
> like. For example, if you suddenly decide that you want all the level 2
> headings in italics, you can change 1 line of CSS and the whole document
> is instantly updated to match.
>
> And yet, no known word processor works like this.

MS Word does.  Change the style, and every piece of text with that style
applied changes with it.

If you apply the heading styles to stuff in your documents, and then
build a table of contents, it will be built from the header-styled items
in the document.

Regards,
John
(who teaches computer literacy at the local high school)

Post a reply to this message