POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 6 Nov 2007 00:22:04
Message: <472ff9fc$1@news.povray.org>
> The easiest way of learning to use software is not by complaining about
> lack of
> manual, but by sitting in front of it for hours and getting the hang and
> feel
> of it.  And be sure to not be reasonable:  force errors to learn with
> them...

There's no getting around that it's a word processor with a steep learning
curve attached to it for no particular reason. I can think of numerous
"bad" features and outright bugs, at least in the version I have (2002).

Opening Word empties the windows clipboard.

Clicking on a .doc file opens Word but not the document.

Paste from IE explorer often causes a long pause as Word
does unneeded network fetching.

"Save as web page" is mostly unusable because it links in
an Active X control for viewing Word documents as well as
converting to HTML.

When printing to a networked printer there is no feedback
about the print job, success or failed, the print dialog just closes.
(resulting in numerous unwanted second and third copies)

When a local print job fails the system often all but locks up,
despite reboots, until you manually open the print queue from
the control panel and kill the job.