POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Nov 2007 07:50:00
Message: <web.4730628ec45149ff726bd13c0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> >> Both Word and OpenOffice provide "styles", but good luck figuring out
> >> how to work them.
> >
> > I find it interesting that nobody on earth ever uses them. Come on, I
> > just decided all those headings on the 30-page document shouldn't be
> > centered. Go change them. Would take seconds using styles.
>
> Well, most people use Word to write 1-page documents. (Things like
> letters and printed notes, address labels, etc.) As for the rest, I
> guess it's just because it's so hard to figure out how this stuff
> actually works... [Assuming you even realise there's a useful thing to
> be learned about in the first place.]

Most people you know, you mean? :)

Since working in an office (~10 years) M$ Word has been my, and all projects

specifications for conformity of style. The outline view is very useful as are
the decrease and increase indents buttons. Add that to outline numbering and it
is a quite powerful feature.
You must try to press F1 before whinging. :)

Stephen