POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:11 EDT (-0400)
  Word processors (Message 11 to 20 of 102)
From: Brian Elliott
Subject: Re: Word processors
Date: 5 Nov 2007 10:08:58
Message: <472f320a@news.povray.org>
news:472f1bf9$1@news.povray.org...

> (As far as I can tell, nobody else here knows how to work styles either.

See my other posts.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 5 Nov 2007 10:11:16
Message: <472f3294$1@news.povray.org>
Brian Elliott wrote:

> Whinge, whinge, whinge.  :-P  :-)
> They do do it.  You just haven't figured it out.

So, I figured out LaTeX and HTML (not to mention POV-Ray, the Lambda
calculus, cryptography, inorganic chemistry, and much else besides) yet
I couldn't figure out M$ Word?

What does this say about M$ Word? ;-)

(Come to think about it, one critical difference between Word and those
other things is the lack of a *manual*. POV-Ray comes with an excellent
manual, but Word only offers context help. Not very useful if you have
no idea how a broad feature is supposed to work!)

>> (In particular, I utterly *hate* sans serif fonts. Yet all these
>> programs always default to it. GRR! At least Excel lets you change the
>> default worksheet font; OpenOffice Calc seems to lack any such option...)
>
> I'd feel sad for you, but I prefer sans-serif.  Particularly for the
> types of documentation we do most of at work (standards, policy,
> process, work instruction, system description).  Easier to read and
> clearer pages than all the serif clutter, which I think is more
> appropriate to books and promotional material.

I just think sans serif text looks primitive and unsophisticated and
generally childish. (Arial is almost as ugly as my own hand writing -
and that's saying something!) Plus I dislike having 3 distinct
characters with identical glyphs. [Lower-L, upper-I and 1.]

Post a reply to this message