POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I miss this Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:44:40 EDT (-0400)
  I miss this (Message 1 to 10 of 137)
From: Orchid XP v7
Subject: I miss this
Date: 21 Oct 2007 05:47:45
Message: <471b2041$1@news.povray.org>
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8e/SurfaceTensionHLS.jpg

Remember this gun? I miss this gun. It was the best gun in the game! It
looks *awesom*, it's very deadly, it's very precise, it has a huge
range, and you can charge it up to deliver hits that can take down just
about anything. (If you don't miss!)

Mmm... I wonder if I could model it with POV-Ray...?

Post a reply to this message

> range, and you can charge it up to deliver hits that can take down just
> about anything. (If you don't miss!)

You forgot "It shoots through walls", altho I must admit I never really
learned to take advantage of that feature, given the difficulty of
*aiming* thru walls.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we

Post a reply to this message

>> range, and you can charge it up to deliver hits that can take down
>> just about anything. (If you don't miss!)
>
> You forgot "It shoots through walls", altho I must admit I never really
> learned to take advantage of that feature, given the difficulty of
> *aiming* thru walls.

That's news to me...

I know it shoots round corners tho. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 08:40:06 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> You forgot "It shoots through walls", altho I must admit I never really
> learned to take advantage of that feature, given the difficulty of
> *aiming* thru walls.

I liked the approach taken in Perfect Dark with the gun that could do
that - there was a sort of "X-Ray view" that could be used.

It took a little practice to figure out how to use it, but it worked very
nicely once you got the hang of it.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> You forgot "It shoots through walls", altho I must admit I never really
>> learned to take advantage of that feature, given the difficulty of
>> *aiming* thru walls.
>
> I liked the approach taken in Perfect Dark with the gun that could do
> that - there was a sort of "X-Ray view" that could be used.
>
> It took a little practice to figure out how to use it, but it worked very
> nicely once you got the hang of it.

I'm reminded of that film that came out a while ago. ("True Lies"?) The
guy zooms in with an X-ray scope, where he can see the target's heart
beating and everything... but when he pulls the trigger, the gun blows
half the building away. I mean, dude, did you *need* to aim the thing??

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:40:09 +0100, Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>>> You forgot "It shoots through walls", altho I must admit I never
>>> really learned to take advantage of that feature, given the difficulty
>>> of *aiming* thru walls.
>>
>> I liked the approach taken in Perfect Dark with the gun that could do
>> that - there was a sort of "X-Ray view" that could be used.
>>
>> It took a little practice to figure out how to use it, but it worked
>> very nicely once you got the hang of it.
>
> I'm reminded of that film that came out a while ago. ("True Lies"?) The
> guy zooms in with an X-ray scope, where he can see the target's heart
> beating and everything... but when he pulls the trigger, the gun blows
> half the building away. I mean, dude, did you *need* to aim the thing??

I'm wondering if it wasn't Minority Report....

Jim

Post a reply to this message