POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I miss this : Re: I miss this Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I miss this
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 22 Oct 2007 02:00:40
Message: <471c3c88@news.povray.org>
Le 22.10.2007 04:17, Jim Henderson nous fit lire :
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:40:09 +0100, Orchid XP v7 wrote:
>> I'm reminded of that film that came out a while ago. ("True Lies"?) The
>> guy zooms in with an X-ray scope, where he can see the target's heart
>> beating and everything... but when he pulls the trigger, the gun blows
>> half the building away. I mean, dude, did you *need* to aim the thing??
>
> I'm wondering if it wasn't Minority Report....

Nope, the movie name in french was "L'effaceur", "Eraser" in english.
The projectile was a very fine needle (and it fires a lot of them),
spinning along the fireline, propels by a strong magnetic
accelerator (the gun).
The visual was not X-Ray, but ultrasound and detects the
surface-change of density (reflection anyone ?).

--
The superior man understands what is right;
the inferior man understands what will sell.