POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : shuffling off this mortal coil sideways Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  shuffling off this mortal coil sideways (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: ingo
Subject: Re: shuffling off this mortal coil sideways
Date: 4 Nov 2007 11:51:34
Message: <Xns99DEB59E139E3seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:472d2997@news.povray.org Warp wrote:

>   The problem with vinyl is that listening to it wears it out,
>   degrading
> its quality over time. Thus it cannot be listened too often, if at
> all.

Hmmm, I could start about the choise of the right needles heer, Shibata,
vanden Hul, or talk about tonearm setup etc. Fact is though that many of
my records still play without noise or clicks even though many come from
the 70's and aren't pressed in the best possible way.

>   At least with an mp3 version you can have fond memories of what the
> original might sound like...

You would be amazed how much great old and new music is still only
available on vinyl.

ingo

Post a reply to this message