POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : instantiation in various 3d formats Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  instantiation in various 3d formats (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Charles C
Subject: instantiation in various 3d formats
Date: 27 Oct 2007 04:51:21
Message: <4722fc09@news.povray.org>
Just curious.... I want to know what 3d formats besides POV-Ray SDL
support object instantiation.  So far as I'm seeing, .obj does not and
yet seems like such a basic thing....  Am I wrong?  Know of a good place
to compare formats?

Thanks in advance,
Charles

Post a reply to this message

> Just curious.... I want to know what 3d formats besides POV-Ray SDL
> support object instantiation.  So far as I'm seeing, .obj does not and
> yet seems like such a basic thing....  Am I wrong?  Know of a good place
> to compare formats?

I have no idea about instanciation specifically, but this page is a good
start for plenty of data format:
http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/dataformats/

Hope this helps

--
Vincent

Post a reply to this message

> Just curious.... I want to know what 3d formats besides POV-Ray SDL
> support object instantiation.  So far as I'm seeing, .obj does not and yet
> seems like such a basic thing....  Am I wrong?  Know of a good place to
> compare formats?

AFAIK, instantiation is not a property of the file format, but a feature of
the renderer.

G.

Post a reply to this message