POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : We won! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:09:40 EDT (-0400)
  We won! (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Arttu Voutilainen
Subject: We won!
Date: 21 Oct 2007 13:46:08
Message: <471b9060$1@news.povray.org>

Hamilton only one point behind!

-- Arttu "Blizzara" Voutilainen

	-- http://www.zbxt.net/~blizzara/

		-- antilzah.deviantart.com

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Subject: Re: We won!
Date: 21 Oct 2007 15:05:25
Message: <471BA3FA.4040602@hotmail.com>
No, Gail won.

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 22 Oct 2007 03:43:24
Message: <471c549c$1@news.povray.org>

> Hamilton only one point behind!

Yep, closest season for a long time.  Silly mistakes by both Alonso and
Hamilton over the last few races which cost them both the championship.
Still, if they had won there would always be doubt after they were caught
spying on Ferrari...

Do you think that Massa's small mistake before the 2nd pit-stop was
intentional to allow Kimi to pass in the pits?

Post a reply to this message

And lo on Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:43:24 +0100, scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> did
spake, saying:

>> Hamilton only one point behind!
>
> Yep, closest season for a long time.  Silly mistakes by both Alonso and
> Hamilton over the last few races which cost them both the championship.
> Still, if they had won there would always be doubt after they were
> caught spying on Ferrari...
>
> Do you think that Massa's small mistake before the 2nd pit-stop was
> intentional to allow Kimi to pass in the pits?

Is this the one with the row about fuel temperatures? I don't know first
the Rugby and now this.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

> Is this the one with the row about fuel temperatures? I don't know first
> the Rugby and now this.

Hehe yeh, apparently two other teams pumped in their fuel at less than 10
degrees below ambient, which is not allowed.  But the FIA decided not to
disqualify the drivers as the advantage gained would have been less than 1
second over the race and likely not changed the outcome.  Disqualifying the
teams would have meant a different world champion though...

Post a reply to this message

And lo on Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:10:41 +0100, scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> did
spake, saying:

>> Is this the one with the row about fuel temperatures? I don't know
>> first the Rugby and now this.
>
> Hehe yeh, apparently two other teams pumped in their fuel at less than
> 10 degrees below ambient, which is not allowed.  But the FIA decided not
> to disqualify the drivers as the advantage gained would have been less
> than 1 second over the race and likely not changed the outcome.
> Disqualifying the teams would have meant a different world champion
> though...

IOW they broke the rules, and got caught, but the advantage they gained
was deemed inconsequential to their win; so that's okay then. Wag that
finger and tell them not to do it again - pfft.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

>>> Is this the one with the row about fuel temperatures? I don't know
>>> first the Rugby and now this.
>>
>> Hehe yeh, apparently two other teams pumped in their fuel at less than
>> 10 degrees below ambient, which is not allowed.  But the FIA decided not
>> to disqualify the drivers as the advantage gained would have been less
>> than 1 second over the race and likely not changed the outcome.
>> Disqualifying the teams would have meant a different world champion
>> though...
>
> IOW they broke the rules, and got caught, but the advantage they gained
> was deemed inconsequential to their win; so that's okay then. Wag that
> finger and tell them not to do it again - pfft.

Well the official report was that they were not punished because the fuel
temperature could not be proved.

But the funny bit is that McLaren are presumably asking for the teams
concerned to be punished and have their drivers points taken away.  This is
the McLaren who had all their team points taken away and narrowly avoided
having all their driver points taken away too... they should be careful.

Post a reply to this message

And lo on Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:57:49 +0100, scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> did
spake, saying:

>>> Hehe yeh, apparently two other teams pumped in their fuel at less than
>>> 10 degrees below ambient, which is not allowed.  But the FIA decided
>>> not to disqualify the drivers as the advantage gained would have been
>>> less than 1 second over the race and likely not changed the outcome.
>>> Disqualifying the teams would have meant a different world champion
>>> though...
>>
>> IOW they broke the rules, and got caught, but the advantage they gained
>> was deemed inconsequential to their win; so that's okay then. Wag that
>> finger and tell them not to do it again - pfft.
>
> Well the official report was that they were not punished because the
> fuel temperature could not be proved.

Wasn't it at a lower temperature they could get more fuel into the tank?
Don't they keep a record of how much fuel is put in and then compare it to
the tank capacity? I mean if at X degrees the tank will hold Y and at X-10
it'll hold Z, bit of a smoking gun if they stuck Z in there.

> But the funny bit is that McLaren are presumably asking for the teams
> concerned to be punished and have their drivers points taken away.  This
> is the McLaren who had all their team points taken away and narrowly
> avoided having all their driver points taken away too... they should be
> careful.

Sounds like a 'why did we get hit and not them?'

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message