POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : We won! : Re: We won! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: We won!
From: scott
Date: 22 Oct 2007 06:57:49
Message: <471c822d@news.povray.org>
>>> Is this the one with the row about fuel temperatures? I don't know
>>> first the Rugby and now this.
>>
>> Hehe yeh, apparently two other teams pumped in their fuel at less than
>> 10 degrees below ambient, which is not allowed.  But the FIA decided not
>> to disqualify the drivers as the advantage gained would have been less
>> than 1 second over the race and likely not changed the outcome.
>> Disqualifying the teams would have meant a different world champion
>> though...
>
> IOW they broke the rules, and got caught, but the advantage they gained
> was deemed inconsequential to their win; so that's okay then. Wag that
> finger and tell them not to do it again - pfft.

Well the official report was that they were not punished because the fuel
temperature could not be proved.

But the funny bit is that McLaren are presumably asking for the teams
concerned to be punished and have their drivers points taken away.  This is
the McLaren who had all their team points taken away and narrowly avoided
having all their driver points taken away too... they should be careful.