POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I miss this Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:44:01 EDT (-0400)
  I miss this (Message 108 to 117 of 137)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Re: I miss this
Date: 29 Oct 2007 20:24:30
Message: <472687ce@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Name energy that isn't in the form of mass?
> Then explain what E=mc^2 means.

Light isn't in the form of mass.  Sound isn't in the form of mass.
Electricity isn't in the form of mass.  Magnetism isn't in the form of
mass.  And so forth.

E=mc^2 means that the amount of energy stored in a given mass can be
determined by multiplying the mass by the speed of light squared.  It's
like...a bank account.  The number in the bank's computer that says how
much is in the bank account is not the same thing as however many
physical dollar bills and change, but they are treated as equivalent.

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean

Post a reply to this message