POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Short one Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Short one (Message 80 to 89 of 129)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Short one
Date: 16 Oct 2007 03:01:16
Message: <471461bc$1@news.povray.org>
> Yep, but even worse than that is that help desk personnel will tend to
> reset passwords for anyone who says they are the person calling in.

At university we had to actually go to the IT place and show our photo-ID
before they would reset the password.  They would stick the ID into the
machine (after supposedly checking the photo), and then scan in the barcode
on the outside of an envelope.  Inside the envelope was your new password
:-)

I'm pretty sure that here I could just phone the IT guys and they'd reset my
password - but saying that I think they pretty much know everyone's voice as
we're quite a small outfit.

Post a reply to this message