POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Short one : Re: Short one Server Time
11 Oct 2024 23:12:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short one
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Oct 2007 23:40:27
Message: <4715842b$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Yeah - actually, been wondering what you think of the Governator's
> reversal of the data protection laws in CA...?

I fear I've been an Actioneer for the last couple of months. I haven't
really been keeping up with the news that doesn't directly affect me.

However, glancing thru a couple of news articles, and considering I've
worked in the payment processing arena for 15 years, I have to say I
agree with him.  From the little I see, it's the payment processing
stuff he doesn't want to change. That's very different from the other
information.

I don't really care if someone steals my credit card info. It's not my
card. It's the bank's card.  What I don't want is people selling all my
personal information without my consent.  I can already stop people from
getting my payment history that don't need to know it. The payment
processing laws in the US are stronger (i.e., more consumer friendly)
than most of Europe, as I understand it. It's just the stuff that people
collect independent of actually payment information that's loose.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we