POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Short one : Re: Short one Server Time
11 Oct 2024 23:10:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short one
From: scott
Date: 16 Oct 2007 03:05:49
Message: <471462cd$1@news.povray.org>
> vt52, vt100, vt220 and vt240 (using its grahical modes to plot things
> IIRC) but I started on on a beehive terminal where you could edit one line
> locally and then use the 'send' button to send to the mainframe.
> No fancy full screen editors like VI yet.
> Output to be collected the next day at the front desk.

My dad got me a vt220 (IIRC) from work once when I was about 9 or 10.  I
hooked it up to our BBC via serial link and would chat with my sister from
room-to-room after we were meant to have gone to bed!  We even tricked a few
of our friends by me hiding in another room and my sister pretending to chat
to someone famous using this "amazing new technology".

Should have realised the potential of this usage and written an internet
chat program!