POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kids TV Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:39 EDT (-0400)
From: St
Subject: Re: Kids TV
Date: 2 Oct 2007 18:43:10
How
Ivor the Engine
Mary, Mungo, and Midge
Mr. Benn
Magpie
Noggin the Nog
Scooby Doo
Tiswas
Wacky Races ("Catch the pidgeon, catch the pidgeon...")
Tarzan
Star Trek
Tomorrows World
Coronation Street

And many, many, others.

  ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Oct 2007 18:54:49
Message: <4702cc39$1@news.povray.org>
Let's see...

Doctor Who
Transformers
Star Blazers (aka Space Cruiser Yamamoto)
Robotech
Battlestar Galactica
Galactica 1980
Star Trek
Warner Brothers' Cartoons (the good ones, Tex Avery &c.) - collectively
known as "The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour" (or show)

Some non-fiction-ish shows:

In Search Of...
Any of the specials with David Copperfield
Any of the specials with Doug Henning
Fight Back!  (With David Horowitz)
That's Incredible

Going back a bit further, I'd probably add:

Sesame Street
Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
The Electric Company
Romper Room (much earlier that the three above)

When I was around 7 years old, my mom used to bowl and my brother and I
would stay in the "day care" room at the bowling alley.  The lady who ran
that forced us to watch "Happy Days" (which I hated) and "Eight is
Enough".  A few others like "My Three Sons" and "Leave it to Beaver" were
in there as well.

Oh, yes, Little House on the Prairie.

A few game shows like Joker's Wild, Jeopardy (my dad loved that show),
The Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune - usually what my parents watched
during dinner.

Jim

Post a reply to this message