POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kids TV : Re: Kids TV Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:47:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kids TV
From: Tim Cook
Date: 3 Oct 2007 03:00:18
Message: <47033e02$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> Orchid XP v3 wrote:
>> Heman
>> Thundercats
>> Transformers
>> My Little Pony
>> Care Bears
>> Mysterious Cities of Gold
>> Eighty Days Around the World
>> Jem
>
> Not allowed to watch He-Man, She-Ra, Thundercats, Transformers, Voltron,
> G.I. Joe, Ghostbusters, et cetera due to satanic (read: has magic)
> and/or violent content.  Whee.  Occasionally sneaked an ep here and
> there while visiting neighbour kids.  :P
>
> I remember watching:
> Mysterious Cities of Gold
> the Little Prince
> Belle and Sebastian
> the Little Koala Show
> Maple Town
> Today's Special (wtf?  that's a magic hat, wonder how that got by)
> Sesame Street (pre-Elmo ftw)
> Flying House/Superbook
> Count Duckula (might've been sneaking that one)
> Dangermouse
> the Monkees
> Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
> Mr. Wizard
> 3-2-1 Contact
> Reading Rainbow
> Newton's Apple
> Square One TV

the Littles
Fraggle Rock

...and I remembered after seeing the titles in other posts:
a few eps of Animated Star Trek
Warner Bros. cartoons
Flintstones
the Jetsons
Tom and Jerry
Happy Days
My Three Sons
(don't think I ever really watched Leave it to Beaver)
Dennis the Menace
Man from UNCLE (one of several shows myself and my sister got grounded
many times from watching for play-acting scenes therefrom)
Get Smart (might've been a bit later, depends when Nickelodeon added it
to their lineup)
Wheel of Fortune
Inspector Gadget
ALF (the live-action)

Duck Tales, Chip 'n' Dale, Tail Spin, that batch was more around middle
school, segue into MacGuyver, Star Trek: TNG, Time Trax, Babylon 5,
Space Rangers, ST:DS9, seaQuest, Earth 2, et cetera.

Rather loathed Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life sufficiently on my
own to not need much encouraging to not watch.  Simpsons and Tool Time
were, early in their runs, also on the 'not allowed to watch' list, due
to coarse humour.  Smurfs?  That not only has magic, it has Black Magic
(thank you, Gargamel).  RIGHT OUT!  (I think I remember watching bits of
it here and there, though)

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean