POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kids TV : Re: Kids TV Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kids TV
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Oct 2007 18:54:49
Message: <4702cc39$1@news.povray.org>
Let's see...

Doctor Who
Transformers
Star Blazers (aka Space Cruiser Yamamoto)
Robotech
Battlestar Galactica
Galactica 1980
Star Trek
Warner Brothers' Cartoons (the good ones, Tex Avery &c.) - collectively
known as "The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour" (or show)

Some non-fiction-ish shows:

In Search Of...
Any of the specials with David Copperfield
Any of the specials with Doug Henning
Fight Back!  (With David Horowitz)
That's Incredible

Going back a bit further, I'd probably add:

Sesame Street
Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
The Electric Company
Romper Room (much earlier that the three above)

When I was around 7 years old, my mom used to bowl and my brother and I
would stay in the "day care" room at the bowling alley.  The lady who ran
that forced us to watch "Happy Days" (which I hated) and "Eight is
Enough".  A few others like "My Three Sons" and "Leave it to Beaver" were
in there as well.

Oh, yes, Little House on the Prairie.

A few game shows like Joker's Wild, Jeopardy (my dad loved that show),
The Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune - usually what my parents watched
during dinner.

Jim