POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pssst Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:11 EDT (-0400)
  Pssst (Message 21 to 30 of 68)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Re: Thanks!
Date: 27 Sep 2007 13:31:58
Message: <46fbe90e@news.povray.org>
"Mike Raiford" <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Tim Nikias wrote:
> > Thank you everyone for the kind and funny wishes!
> >
> > I'm not really a ranter (is that a word?) in regards to my birthday and
> > age, so I hope you all got my drift that my post was originally meant to
> > be funny. I'm 26 now, and pessimistic peeps would say I'm heading
> > straight to 30 now (as if 30 were a bad age!), but I don't fuss that
> > much about my age. 26 isn't old, unless you're spending time with teens
> > or twents, and then you're wise and experienced all of a sudden, which I
> > honestly don't feel like. ;-)
>
> Pfff 26. What I would give to be 26 again!

Tell me about it. I'm headed towards 31. 26 seems like so long ago.

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 27 Sep 2007 14:07:39
Message: <46fbf16b@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote in message

>> Pfff 26. What I would give to be 26 again!
>
> Tell me about it. I'm headed towards 31. 26 seems like so long ago.

    You youngster you...  ;)

    26? Yes please...

     ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Charter
Date: 27 Sep 2007 15:18:03
Message: <46fc01eb$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> "Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote in message
>

>>>Pfff 26. What I would give to be 26 again!
>>
>>Tell me about it. I'm headed towards 31. 26 seems like so long ago.
>

>     You youngster you...  ;)
>
>     26? Yes please...
>
>      ~Steve~

"Youth is wasted on the young"  -George Bernard Shaw

Post a reply to this message

From: Brian Elliott
Date: 27 Sep 2007 23:22:43
Message: <46fc7383$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>> "Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote in message

>>>Tell me about it. I'm headed towards 31. 26 seems like so long ago.
>>

>>     You youngster you...  ;)
>>
>>     26? Yes please...
>>
>>      ~Steve~
> "Youth is wasted on the young"  -George Bernard Shaw

I had been thinking of exactly that quote.  A lot of people, when they are
young and have hot-looking, healthy bodies in their prime, don't have their
emotional act together and lack a clue how to really live it and capitalise
on their gifts of youth: health, beauty and time.

By the time they get their head sorted out and wanting to go for it, their
bodies are already falling apart   I was one.  :-\

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Sep 2007 23:52:51
Message: <46fc7a93$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:18:07 -0400, Jim Charter wrote:

> "Youth is wasted on the young"  -George Bernard Shaw

"Life is wasted on the living" - Zaphod Beeblebrox IV

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 28 Sep 2007 06:32:03
Message: <46fcd823$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:18:07 -0400, Jim Charter wrote:
>
>> "Youth is wasted on the young"  -George Bernard Shaw
>
> "Life is wasted on the living" - Zaphod Beeblebrox IV

"Very good. Very deep. Right now I need aphorisms like I need holes in
my heads."

:)

Post a reply to this message

From: Brian Elliott
Date: 28 Sep 2007 11:15:52
Message: <46fd1aa8@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:18:07 -0400, Jim Charter wrote:
>>
>>> "Youth is wasted on the young"  -George Bernard Shaw
>>
>> "Life is wasted on the living" - Zaphod Beeblebrox IV
>
> "Very good. Very deep. Right now I need aphorisms like I need holes in my
> heads."

"Eh, he's just this guy, you know."

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 28 Sep 2007 11:23:54
Message: <46fd1c8a$1@news.povray.org>
Brian Elliott wrote:
> "Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
>> Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> "Life is wasted on the living" - Zaphod Beeblebrox IV
>>
>> "Very good. Very deep. Right now I need aphorisms like I need holes in
>> my heads."
>
> "Eh, he's just this guy, you know."

"Listen three eyes, don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than
you free with my breakfast cereal."

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 28 Sep 2007 12:58:21
Message: <46fd32ad@news.povray.org>

>>> "Very good. Very deep. Right now I need aphorisms like I need holes
>>> in my heads."
>>
>> "Eh, he's just this guy, you know."
>
> "Listen three eyes, don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than
> you free with my breakfast cereal."

Uh, dudes... WTF?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Sep 2007 15:24:34
Message: <46fd54f2$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:34:24 +0100, Bill Pragnell wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:18:07 -0400, Jim Charter wrote:
>>
>>> "Youth is wasted on the young"  -George Bernard Shaw
>>
>> "Life is wasted on the living" - Zaphod Beeblebrox IV
>
> "Very good. Very deep. Right now I need aphorisms like I need holes in
> my heads."

"So you see young Zaphod, when thinking of ways to describe what you are
making of your life, I find the prhase 'pig's ear' tends to spring to
mind."

;-)

(Yes, skipped a bit, but the next lines from where your response came
from are a bit shorter)

Been listening to it in the car - again - the last few weeks.

Jim