POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual insanity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:48:05 EDT (-0400)
  Virtual insanity (Message 21 to 30 of 123)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Re: Virtual insanity
Date: 13 Sep 2007 11:27:06
Message: <46e956ca@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> The interesting thing is that some London cab drivers underwent some sort
> of intelligence testing, and it was discovered that the requirements
> there to actually *know* how to get places (the test there includes a
> mapping test - shortest route between points A and B - without a map IIRC
> - that sort of thing) really help with other mental capabilities.  I

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Knowledge#The_Knowledge

And, probably not a conclusive piece of trivia given the diversity of
contestants, but nevertheless relevant:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Housego

:)

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 13 Sep 2007 13:10:54
Message: <46e96f1e@news.povray.org>
Ross wrote:

>> She also gave me some pictures of herself. One is an ugly fat girl, and
>> the other is a tall beautiful women. I'm confused...
>
> LOL. it's probably neither. Probably some scarey old man.

Yeah, that thought had criss-crossed my mind... :-S

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 13 Sep 2007 13:14:43
Message: <46e97003@news.povray.org>
> Ross wrote:
>
>>> She also gave me some pictures of herself. One is an ugly fat girl, and
>>> the other is a tall beautiful women. I'm confused...
>>
>> LOL. it's probably neither. Probably some scarey old man.
>
> Yeah, that thought had criss-crossed my mind... :-S

     Well, that's a shame, I really thought you'd cracked it this time.

      ~Steve~

> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

> She also gave me some pictures of herself. One is an ugly fat girl, and
> the other is a tall beautiful women. I'm confused...

Muhuhuhuhu! I'll check the EXIF data on the files! >:-D

Oh. Wait. There isn't any...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message