POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Power Server Time
12 Oct 2024 03:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Power (Message 74 to 83 of 133)
From: Dre
Subject: Re: Power
Date: 4 Sep 2007 23:53:25
Message: <46de2835@news.povray.org>
"Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote in message
> Dre wrote:
>> No it doesn't!
>>
>> What kind of engine do you run in your car???  a nitro engine???
>>
>> Any car engine is capable of idling far below 1000rpm.  Most idle aroun
>> 600-800rpm depending on auto or manual gearbox...
>
> I've seen several engines that idle at more than 1000rpm.  I even saw one
> go as high as 1 800 (though I'm pretty sure there was something wrong with
> it).
>
> --
> ...Ben Chambers
> www.pacificwebguy.com

Well car engines tend to idle higher when they are cold as the ecu tells
them to (engines dont like being cold).  An engine at operating temp
shouldn't need to idle above 1000rpm, thats just a waste of fuel.

1800rpm is way too high for idle and as you say, there was something wrong
with it.

I was just pointing out to Orchid that his engine *doesn't* idle at
*several* thousand rpm, thats a gross exaggeration.

Cheers Dre

Post a reply to this message