POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended (Message 60 to 69 of 89)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
Date: 7 Jan 2009 13:40:00
Message: <web.4964f62e38d99482e44542980@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
> Actually, isn't the entire Jewish faith based on Abraham overcoming a giant
> obstacle put in front of him by God? Namely being asked to sacrifice his son?
>
> And who was it that hardened Pharoh's heart again?

Sometimes you can't ask your employees to do the job for you, you have to do it
yourself. ;)

> If you were talking to a strange man, like at a bus stop or a restaurant or
> something, and you realized he's gay and hitting on you. How would you feel?
> What do you think would be your visceral reaction? (If it has already
> happened, what *was* your reaction?)

I'm a pretty humorous guy, but also quite shy.  I'd probably just ignore him.  I
have to say a hottie on my side wouldn't fare much better to enlicit a reaction
on my part.  I take a long time to know people sufficiently well to even joke
or start a conversation, let alone hitting. :P

If you want to know if I would punch the guy, then no, most likely not.  I like
balance, not conflict.  Or counterbalance. ;)

Post a reply to this message

>> Actually, isn't the entire Jewish faith based on Abraham overcoming a giant
>> obstacle put in front of him by God? Namely being asked to sacrifice his son?
>>
>> And who was it that hardened Pharoh's heart again?
>
> Sometimes you can't ask your employees to do the job for you, you have to do it
> yourself. ;)

I'm confused. Satan is God's employee?  I'm not sure I've heard that before.

>> If you were talking to a strange man, like at a bus stop or a restaurant or
>> something, and you realized he's gay and hitting on you. How would you feel?
>> What do you think would be your visceral reaction? (If it has already
>> happened, what *was* your reaction?)
>
> I'm a pretty humorous guy, but also quite shy.  I'd probably just ignore him.

I'm asking what you'd feel inside. What would be your gut emotional
reaction?  Just curious... if you don't mind answering.

> If you want to know if I would punch the guy, then no, most likely not.  I like
> balance, not conflict.  Or counterbalance. ;)

No, I'm asking whether you'd be pleased, disgusted, afraid...

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?

Post a reply to this message