POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
9 Oct 2024 23:57:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Jan 2009 13:41:54
Message: <4964f772$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
>> Actually, isn't the entire Jewish faith based on Abraham overcoming a giant
>> obstacle put in front of him by God? Namely being asked to sacrifice his son?
>>
>> And who was it that hardened Pharoh's heart again?
>
> Sometimes you can't ask your employees to do the job for you, you have to do it
> yourself. ;)

I'm confused. Satan is God's employee?  I'm not sure I've heard that before.

>> If you were talking to a strange man, like at a bus stop or a restaurant or
>> something, and you realized he's gay and hitting on you. How would you feel?
>> What do you think would be your visceral reaction? (If it has already
>> happened, what *was* your reaction?)
>
> I'm a pretty humorous guy, but also quite shy.  I'd probably just ignore him.

I'm asking what you'd feel inside. What would be your gut emotional
reaction?  Just curious... if you don't mind answering.

> If you want to know if I would punch the guy, then no, most likely not.  I like
> balance, not conflict.  Or counterbalance. ;)

No, I'm asking whether you'd be pleased, disgusted, afraid...

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?