POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : height field based on TGA file and UV mapping Server Time
2 Jun 2024 14:12:01 EDT (-0400)
  height field based on TGA file and UV mapping (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: rodv92
Subject: height field based on TGA file and UV mapping
Date: 22 Apr 2012 13:25:00
Message: <web.4f943e8d8677299d5d50475e0@news.povray.org>
Hello !

i would like to know if it is possible to use uv mapping for file based height
fields ?

all i get is a stretched texture (long lines) on planar sections parallel to the
xz plane

here is the height field + texture i am trying to uv map (before uv map) :

height_field{ tga "input.tga" smooth water_level 0 double_illuminate
scale <166000,24000,166000>
translate<-83000,0,25000>
texture{
       pigment {
                bozo
  turbulence 0.92
                scale 5
                color_map {

                           [0.3  color Orange]
                           [0.7  color Brown]
                           [0.9  color Black]
                          }
               }
       normal  {

                crackle 0.75
                turbulence 0.25
                scale 0.36
                }
       }

           }

Thank you for any help !

I've seen this thread and thought it could help, but it does note reference file
based height fields...

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C4d28409d@news.povray.org%3E/

Post a reply to this message